The Only Board Certified Pediatric Neurosurgeon in Nebraska
MD West ONE provides comprehensive pediatric neurosurgery services of both the brain and spine by the only Board Certified Pediatric Neurosurgeon in Nebraska. If your child has problems involving the head, spine, or nervous system, our team of pediatric neurosurgeons in Omaha have the experience and expertise to help you.
Dr. Mark J. Puccioni has been named "Best in Pediatric Neurological Surgery" by the Best Doctors in America since 2010.
Neurosurgical problems seen by our pediatric neurosurgeons in Omaha are often quite different from those common for adults and therefore, special training in pediatric diseases as they relate to pediatric neurosurgical diseases is important. Children with nervous system problems can be present for life and frequently require ongoing care throughout childhood and adolescence.
Our pediatric neurosurgeons in Omaha are not only brain injury specialists but also care for a range of nervous system problems and head and spinal deformities including head deformities, spine deformities, problems and injuries of the brain, nerves or spine, and spasticity (gait abnormalities).
FREQUENTLY TREATED PEDIATRIC NEUROLOGICAL PROBLEMS & CONDITIONS:
- Spina Bifida (PDF)
- Brain Tumors
- Tethered Spinal Cord (PDF)
- Chiari Malformation
- Craniosynostosis & Craniofacial Disorders
- Pediatric Stroke
- Sports-related injuries
- Spinal Tumors (PDF)
- Deformational/ Positional Plagiocephaly (PDF)
PEDIATRIC NEUROLOGICAL TREATMENTS & PROCEDURES
- Shunts & Neuroendoscopy
- Spasticity Intrathecal Pump Implant (PDF)
- Myelogram Diagnostic Study (PDF)
- Vagal Nerve Stimulation Implants (PDF)
- Neuropace stimulator implants
- Craniofacial reconstruction
- Complex tethered cord release
- Brain resections for epilepsy
- Epilepsy surgery
- Myelogram (PDF)
- Intracranial electrode placement for epilepsy