Orthopedic Surgeon and Hand & Wrist Doctor, Jeffrey J. Tiedeman, MD
Dr. Jeffrey J. Tiedeman is a skilled and compassionate doctor who can help you with any Hand, Shoulder & Elbow medical issue and get you feeling well.
Looking for a highly skilled and approachable physician to solve your shoulder and elbow issues? Dr. Tiedeman has a high level of expertise and skill and can get you back to enjoying your life once again.
- Undergraduate: Creighton University, Omaha, NE
- Medical School: Creighton University School of Medicine, Omaha, NE
- Residency: Creighton University/University of Nebraska Health Foundation, Omaha, NE
- Fellowship: Orthopaedic Research, Creighton University/University of Nebraska Health Foundation, Omaha, NE
- Fellowship: Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics
Professional Memberships & Certifications
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Nebraska Medical Association
- American Medical Association
- Nebraska Association of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Mid-Central States Orthopaedic Society
- Mid-America Orthopaedic Association
- American Society for Surgery of the Hand
- Certificate of Added Qualification in Hand Surgery
Current Academic Appointments
- Clinical Assistant Professor Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Nebraska Medical Center
Dr. Tiedeman and his wife of over 25 years have three children. He enjoys athletics including golfing, attending Creighton and University of Nebraska games. He is also a St. Louis Cardinals fan.
Fehringer, E.V.,Tiedeman, J., and McCarthy, J.A. “Bilateral Endoscopic Carpal Tunnel Release: Simultaneous Versus Staged Operative Intervention, Arthroscopy: The Journal of Arthroscopic and Related Surgery, Vol 18, No 3, Mar 2002, Pgs 316-321.
Rodgers, J., McCarthy, J., Tiedeman, J.: Functional Distal Interphalangeal Joint Splinting for Trigger Finger in Laborers: A Review and Cadaver Investigation. Orthopaedics, 1998.
Tiedeman, J: A Ten Year Old Girl With a Left Little Finger Deformity. Kirner’s Deformity. The American Journal of Orthopedics, Vol 24. #12, Dec 1995, Pgs 920-922.
Tiedeman, J, Garvin, K, Kile, T, and Connolly, J: The Role of a Composite, Demineralized Bone Matrix and Bone Marrow in the Treatment of Osseous Defects. Orthopaedics: 18:1153-1158, 1995.
Strates, BS., and Tiedeman, J: Contribution of Osteoinductive and Osteoconductive Properties of Demineralized Bone Matrix to Skeletal Repair. Eur J Exp Musculoskel Res. 2:61-67, 1993.
Tiedeman, J., and Neff, J.: Tumors of the Hands and Feet. Current Opin in Orthop. 3:774-776, 1992.
Tiedeman, J., and McGuire, M.: Compartment Syndrome. Trauma Talk Newsletter. AMI-St. Joseph Hospital at Creighton University Medical Center. Winter, 1992.
Tiedeman, J., Connolly, J., Strates, B., and Lippiello, L.: Treatment of Nonunion by Percutaneous Injection of Bone Matrix and Bone Marrow – An Experimental Study in Dogs. Clin. Orthop. 268:294-302, 1991.
Tiedeman, J., Huurman, W., Connolly, J., and Strates, B.: Healing of a Large Non-ossifying Fibroma After Grafting with Bone Matrix and Marrow – A Case Report. Clin. Orthop. 265-302-305, 1991. Connolly, J., Guse, R.,
Tiedeman, J., and Dehne, R.: Autologous Marrow Injection as a Substitute for Operative Grafting of Nonunions. Clin. Orthop. 266:259-270,1991.
Tiedeman, J., Lippiello, L., Connolly, J., and Strates, B.: Quantitative Roentgenographic Densitometry for Assessing Fracture Healing. Clin. Orthop. 253:279-286, 1990.
Tiedeman, J.: Bone Matrix and Marrow Injections Stimulate Fracture Healing. Orthopaedics Today 12:16-17, 1989. Connolly, J., Guse, R.,
Tiedeman, J., and Dehne, R.: Autologous Marrow Injection for Delayed Unions of the Tibia – A Preliminary Report. J. Orthop. Trauma 3:276-283, 1989.
Tiedeman, J., Strates, B., Lippiello, L., and Connolly, J.: Enhance Skeletal Healing by Percutaneous Injection of Bone Matrix and Bone Marrow. Surg. Forum 39:523-526, 1988.